Warren County Government is issuing a Request for Proposals (RFP) from local non-profit and faith-based organizations to provide local community support services for those residents in need of temporary or emergency assistance due to housing instability or homelessness.
Since there is not currently a permanent facility in the county offering sheltering services and other supports, this Housing Instability Small Grants Pilot Program will allow local organizations to provide some basic services to help those that are in need. Warren County grant funds through Eastpointe LME/MCO will be used to offer some additional support services to combat housing instability or homelessness.
The following entities may submit a proposal for consideration:
- Well-established community & faith-based organizations defined as being in operation for a minimum of three (3) years and qualifying for exemption under Section 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), or 501(c)(6) of the IRS code.
- Partnerships with local churches, non-profits or other community-based organizations are encouraged. Such collaborations shall be given high priority for funding.
The timeline for the Request for Proposals is as follows:
- October 24, 2022: Opening date to receive requests
- October 31, 2022: Deadline to submit questions
- November 18, 2022: Deadline to submit proposals by 5:00 pm
- November 28, 2022: Funds awarded for approved requests
The RFP packet will be released on October 24th and can be retrieved online at www.warrencountync.com or picked up from the Warren County Government Administrative Office located at 602 W. Ridgeway Street, Warrenton, NC 27589. Clarification questions may be submitted via email to PaulaPulley@warrencountync.gov.
View the RFP at: https://www.warrencountync.com/831/RFPsRFQs
For more information, contact Vincent Jones, County Manager at (252) 257-3115, or Public Health Director Dr. Margaret Brake at 252-257-1185.