Please check back at this website for updates as they become available.
View information on absentee voting for Active Military Members and U.S. citizens outside of the country (PDF).
Photo Identification, Same-Day Registration, Out-of-Precinct Voting, & Preregistration
On July 29, a panel of the U.S Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down photo ID requirements and other elections procedures enacted under SL. 2013-381 and amended by SL. 2015-103. Barring any alternative outcome on appeal, the following are no longer enforceable:
- Photo ID requirement contained in Part 2 of Session Law 2013-381, as amended by Session Law 2015-103;
- Removal of preregistration contained in Part 12 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Elimination of same-day registration contained in Part 16 of Session Law 2013-381;
- Changes to early voting contained in Part 25 of Session Law 2013-381; and
- Elimination of out-of-precinct voting contained in Part 49 of Session Law 2013-381.
The district court order (PDF) is available.